Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Remember, back then....




Ahhhhhh.....The best time if day. The house just became quiet, no pitter patter of little feet, no one last drink or snack, just the silent clicks of the key board on the lap top. All that hard work, the arguing of brushing teeth, the crying, the attitude, all makes this silence worth it. But after all that work, I wish I was able to have the energy to do anything but sit here and work on the computer. As I sit here, I reminisce about the days when it was nothing but silence. I almost forget what that was like. Those were the days, I could stay up as late as I wanted and sleep in as much as I could. When all I worried about was my plans for the weekend with my friends and if I should wear this skirt or those jeans. Now it's find a babysitter for this event, pay this bill, find a ride for this child, and don't forget to stop to buy diapers. 
I remember back and think about a friend of mine who had children. She made it look so easy. She was so organized, always looked so neat, her kids always seemed well behaved. How did she do that? I am lucky if I look good and I have the days events planned out at the same time. She made me want to have children, it looked like so much fun! 
As I think back even more, how could I have ever thought my life back then was so boring. Why did I get so mad when there was a day that nothing was planned. 
What's that? "Mommmmmmmyyyyy, I need you!" and this makes it all worth it. I wouldn't give up anything to be needed like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment