Monday, August 20, 2012

I have been everywhere









I have been everywhere....in my dreams. As I just put the kids to bed I start to ponder the places I haven't been. The house is quiet, everyone is sleeping. The dogs are laying by my feet and nothing is stirring. I hear a faint noise of a car in the distance and the low whirring of the ceiling fan. I have the computer in my lap with a glass of homemade lemonade on the table next to me. Could it be? No, it can't. For the first time all day I feel myself breath and relax. I start to hear the pitter patter of raindrops hit the tin roof of my house, what a calming sound. I lay my head back and let all of my muscles let go limp. Right now there is not a worry I have that can't wait until tomorrow. As I lay back and recline, I think to myself, I have been almost everywhere in my dreams but there is nowhere I would like to go right now then where I am. I don't need to take myself on a journey in dream land to escape my stressors of everyday life. I am fine right where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment